With panoramic views of the Dordogne countryside, this beautifully renovated farmhouse sits within 35 hectares of stunning gardens and woodland and boasts a private tennis court, heated swimming pool and home cinema. With spacious grounds and luxurious facilities to enjoy, it may be difficult to venture into the outside world, but the renowned medieval town of Sarlat is just a short drive away for shops, restaurants and places of interest.
Dating back to the 18th century, this refurbished farmhouse is composed of 2 wings, connected in the middle to form a ‘U’ shaped property. With beamed ceilings and original features, this estate is as well suited to the winter months as summer, curled up in front of the open fire with a book, and snuggled in the home cinema to watch a film, or sunbathing by the pool after a game of tennis.
Punctuated by picturesque villages, bastide towns, medieval chateaux and pre-historic caves, the Perigord Noir region is attractive both for its rich heritage and natural landscapes. Within a short drive you can reach Sarlat-la-Caneda and Domme, full of life with restaurants, shops, market stalls and street buskers. With numerous pretty villages to explore in the area, it is also worth visiting Marquyssac gardens and the Clos des Sources in Vitreac. At La-Roc-Gageac you can visit ancient troglodyte dwellings or embark on a river cruise on a ‘gabarre’, the typical flat bottomed boat of the region. Further afield you have destinations such as Rocamadour, Belves, Bergerac and Perigueux well worth a day trip, with numerous vineyards producing some of France’s most prestigious wines en route.
For context, the glass window entrance is between wing B and C. As you walk through the door, wing B is on the left and wing C is on the right.
- Open plan kitchen / dining room with large wood-burning fireplace and sitting area
- Living room with high ceilings, a picture window, and wood-burning fireplace
- Separate W.C.
- Double / Twin bedroom (6 ft wide bed)
- Triple bedroom with 3 single beds (or double room and a single bed), flat screen TV, DVD player and AppleTV/Netflix
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower between the 2 above bedrooms
- Separate W.C
- Double bedroom with wood-burning fireplace and Flat screen TV, DVD Player and AppleTV/NetFlix
- Master Bathroom with bath, separate shower, separate W.C.
- Master Bedroom with fireplace and Flat screen TV, DVD Player and AppleTV/NetFlix
- Wing C (above kitchen and living room)
- Double/twin bedroom
- Double bedroom with Flat screen TV and DVD Player
- Bathroom with W.C
- Wing B
- Master bedroom (without WC)
- Laundry room
- Wing A
- Sports / yoga / massage room
- Home cinema room with DVD Player, AppleTV/Neflix and Playstation
Private spacious mature grounds with woodland, pastures to walk in and gardens full of fruit trees. 35 hectares/90 acres private land with forest and open land. 13m x 6m heated pool with roman step entry and pool alarm (depth 1.2m-3.5m) Tennis (hard quick court).
Sarlat 5km, Beynac 17km, Roque- Gageac 19km, Domme 20km, Souillac 38km, Airport – Brive-Souillac airport 39km