A delightful garden apartment in a great location, just a short walk to the local boulangerie and restaurant, and a short drive to the coast. Beautiful pool. Swimming pool (shared use) In the hills on the western edge of Grasse, almost in the country with wonderful views over the surrounding countryside.
The garden apartment is brand new and is immaculate inside. The interior is light and has a cheerful atmosphere and it is attractively furnished in contemporary style.
The property is 600m to the local shops of Saint Jacques including a supermarket, and 15-20 minute walk to the centre of Grasse (bus stop nearby) with a good choice of restaurants and shops and a picturesque old town area. An excellent rail link runs from Grasse to Cannes and along the coast (free parking at Grasse station and trains run frequently until late at night). Coast is about 15km and the nearest sandy beaches are at Mandelieu-la-Napoule, Cannes and Antibes. Cannes has a wide range of restaurants and it is possible to eat well without spending a fortune; some of the little restaurants on the beach, la Plage du Midi, near the old part of the town are particularly good, and the marché Forville behind the picturesque old harbour has a terrific range of local produce. The property is well placed for exploring the ‘arrière pays’ of the Côte d’Azur with its ancient perched villages such as Cabris, Biot and Gourdon; Mougins and Valbonne are nearby lively villages with excellent restaurants. There really is something for everyone in the immediate area: nightclub and casino 2km, perfume museums 2km, tennis 4km, golf 5km, miles of marked paths for walkers in the hills behind Grasse, local markets in the neighbouring villages and world class art galleries in the nearby towns such as Nice and St Paul de Vence. Nice airport is about 22 km.
- An open-plan living/dining room and kitchen with comfortable seating (sofa converts to a bed if 3 people using apartment), a television, a radio, Wi-Fi, and French windows opening onto the terrace.
- Kitchen area well equipped with 3-ring hob, oven, microwave oven, toaster, washing machine, fridge-freezer and kettle.
- Bedroom with double bed (1.8m). Cot.
- Large enclosed south facing garden (1200m²), with olive trees, mimosa and fruit trees (orange and apricot).
- The swimming pool (9m x 4m) has a magnificent terrace with loungers for soaking up the sun, a non-chlorine system for cleaning the water that is very soft and gentle on the skin, a security alarm and a Roman end with wide, gentle steps for easy access, 1.35m depth throughout.
- Solar heated shower and very attractive covered dining area by the pool.
- Parking places within the property. (A new ‘sleeping policeman’ on the road near the property has caused some problems for ‘low’ cars. Please contact us if this is an issue.)
Notes: Electricity is included in the summer but heating is extra for out of season lets, 50€ per week.
Owners live in an adjoining property with a separate entrance and driveway.