In a beautiful setting surrounded by the Salento countryside sits Villa Cristallina. With a lovely terraced garden and pool area, classic stone interiors and cities like Brindisi and Ostuni nearby, it’s a wonderful base for your holiday in Puglia.
Authentic yet elegant, this idyllic home features exposed stone vaults typical of the architecture in this region of Italy. The arched ceilings, white walls and minimalist décor create a bright and spacious feel, especially in the open-plan kitchen/living area. With sunshine flooding in through glass doors opening out onto the terrace, it’s a light and relaxed communal space for all to gather. Designer furniture and sleek finishings add a modern touch throughout, including in both of the bedrooms, which each have double beds and glossy en-suites.
This theme continues outside, where you will find a paved terrace with a central heated pool complete with a hydromassage feature. The pool is framed by sun loungers and parasols and the entire outdoor space becomes illuminated at night. There’s also a covered dining area, sound system and a marble bar, perfect for enjoying cocktails in the evening.
Beyond the villa, olive groves and vineyards stretch across the landscape as far as the eye can see, with traditional Puglian trulli and farms dotting the scenery. A 5-minute drive takes you to the nearest village where there is a handful of restaurants as well as useful amenities like a pharmacy, supermarket and bakery.
Amidst the groves and vines sits the little town of San Vito Dei Normanni. Just 7km away, it boasts an ancient castle, baroque church and olive oil museum and is a great place to wander around.
Ostuni, known as ‘The White City’, is a 20-minute drive from the villa and features a maze of alleyways and fantastic views from its hilltop perch. Its 15th century cathedral is a gothic masterpiece that glimmers in the sun and is not to be missed.
The city of Brindisi, with its historic centre and sea-front promenade, can be reached in just over half an hour. There are also some gorgeous beaches lining the nearby coast, including Oktagona beach, which is sandy and has Page 2 sun loungers and umbrellas available to hire in summer. Another beach worth a visit is Torre Guaceto, which is just 17km away. It’s part of a nature reserve and makes for a serene place to spend the day.
Villa Interior (130m2)
– Kitchen fully-equipped with oven, induction hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, coffee machine, mixer, food processor, ice machine and lemon squeezer
– Living room with TV and sofa bed (can accommodate one additional guest on request)
– 2 x double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
Lower Ground Floor
– Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
– WC Outside Grounds (500m2):
– Heated swimming pool (5m x 8m, max depth: 1.4m) with hydromassage feature
– Outdoor bar with fridge, dishwasher and ice machine
– Al-fresco dining table and chairs to seat 6 guests
– Outdoor comfy seating area
– Sun loungers and parasols
– Outdoor shower
– Hi-Fi system
– Garden filled with herbs, fruit and olive trees
– Satellite TV
– Stereo with IPhone dock
– Alarm system