This top quality Provence villa has the most magnificent views of the surrounding countryside, hills, lake and towards the sea in the distance. It is in a superb position, tucked away in a very secluded location along a quiet lane, 400m from the picturesque old village of Speracedes. You can even buy AOC olive oil from the owner!
The house has the charm and character of an older property with exposed stone walls, beams and beautiful Provence floor tiles; it is very comfortably furnished with good quality French country furniture and extremely well maintained. Air conditioning throughout.
The villa is about 400m from the picturesque old village of Speracedes which has a very nice restaurant, La Soleillade, friendly bar with fantastic views from the terrace, boulangerie and a couple of little shops. The supermarket is a couple of minutes drive away and there are more shops in nearby Peymeinade, and some nice restaurants in Cabris, 2km. Grasse, 8km, is a larger town with a good choice of shops and supermarkets. The coast is about 20km with the nearest sandy beaches at Mandelieu-la-Napoule, Cannes and Antibes. There is now an excellent rail link which runs from Grasse to Cannes and along the coast with free parking at Grasse and trains running frequently until late at night. In the other direction, the beaches at Fréjus, Les Issambres and St Raphael are a 45 minute drive. The property is very well situated for touring both inland and along the coast: the dramatic scenery of the Verdon gorges and the Loup gorges are well worth a trip; the Lac de Saint Cassien, which is excellent for water sports, is about 8km and there are many attractive perched villages nearby such as Cabris, Montauroux and Fayence. There really is something for everyone in the immediate area: perfume museums 8km, tennis 2km, golf 7km, and miles of marked paths for walkers, local markets in the neighbouring villages and world class art galleries in Nice and St Paul de Vence. Nice airport is about 40km.
- Attractive living room with large open fireplace, comfortable sofas, wide-screen television with satellite channels, DVD, CD and Wi-Fi.
- A stone archway leads to the dining area with two sets of French windows opening onto a large terrace with covered area for outdoor dining.
- Spacious kitchen which also opens onto the terrace, with 4-ring hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer and electric kettle.
- Laundry room with a washing machine.
- New modern double (Oct 2017) bedroom (160cm) with en-suite shower. Separate WC.
- Double bedroom (160cm).
- Twin bedroom.
- Large bathroom with corner bath, hand-held shower and WC.
- The property is on a south-facing hillside and has a large terraced garden (3000m²), with lawns, Mediterranean plants, palms and olive trees. Young children will need supervision in the garden due to the walled terraces.
- The pool (11m x 5m) is fitted with a security alarm and has 3 wide steps making easy access for non-swimmers, surrounding terrace with gas BBQ, loungers and an outdoor shower.
- To the side of the house is a home gym area with various fitness machines and tennis table.
- Parking in the driveway.